Peach & Tea Portrait (Art)

 Here is a drawing I finished today! πŸ‘πŸ΅



The girl's name is Takeko, who is a character I've been drawing and writing about for some time now (maybe more than four years?). She's the daughter of a Lord and is pictured here in her formalwear. The idea for the picture came to me when I found this pose, which I thought would be nice for showing off intricately embroidered sleeves. The embroidery is meant to be representative of the two major exports of her people, tea and peaches. The strange flowers on the right were a last-minute addition because I felt there was too much negative space on that side. The smaller flowers (near her feet, you can barely see them😒) are meant to resemble cowslips and bluebells, which I've been seeing a lot recently. Part of me wonders why they might feature so prominently alongside important items like tea and peaches, perhaps they are used to produce the dyes on her clothing. 

Takeko is drawn using coloured pencils and a black ballpoint pen, and everything else is watercolours. The part I am most proud of is the peach tree. Just looking at it makes me hungry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The legislator and her husband (A Drabble)

Setting Priorities